Okay...I really didn't get the details posted about the wreck. So, for those of you that don't know and haven't already heard me complain about the whole thing about nine hundred and one times...here's the scoop.
Derek and I had gone out on a date. It was our first date we'd been able to get out on since December. So, the kids were with a babysitter. We had gone up to a timeshare presentation, up Ogden Canyon. We were on our way back down, just having a nice, relaxed, leisurely evening. We had plans to go eat dinner together. We were travelling around 35-40 mph. I saw a car come really fast around the upcoming blind corner. He wasn't paying any attention, and was in our lane. I said "shit!", (I know, shame shame...not good if those had been my last words. lol) There was nothing we could do. I remember closing my eyes, and saying a quick millisecond prayer in my head, "Please don't let this car hit us!" I was just hoping that there was some way that we would not collide. But there was nothing Derek could do. I remember hitting the airbags with such force. Nothing I can compare it to. Everything in front of me was white, and the dust from the airbags was settling. I remember looking at my hands, and my legs. lol. Kind of like taking inventory. I wondered if I was dead, and quickly knew I wasn't. Then the reality that Derek was sitting in the car next to me. I have never been so scared in my life, to just turn my head to look at something. I was so afraid of what I might see. I was just so scared. When I looked, Derek was dazed, and his arm was hurt, but he was alert and talking. I can't even tell you how relieved I was to see he was okay. My next thought was that we had wrecked around a blind corner. I was scared that another car was gonna come around the corner and hit us. I started saying "Quick! Quick! We have to get out of this car. Another car could hit us!" We hurried out as fast as we could. We were just so dazed, and was shocked at what had just happened. I was able to get a copy of the police report on Friday, and below I have posted what it said. We were vehicle #2 (the dark gray car in the pictures).
Vehicle #1 was eastbound on SR39 when he lost control on a curve and crossed a double yellow line, hitting vehicle #2 head on. Vehicle #2 was heading westbound on SR39. The driver of vehicle #1 would not tell me his speed at the time of the accident. Driver of vehicle #1 later told a tow truck driver that he would not admit it to the cops, but that he was travelling at 55mph when he hit vehicle #2. 55mph is 15mph over the speed limit. Refer to the statement of the tow truck driver, (dude's name here). The driver of vehicle #1 was cited for Left of Center.

0 comments:
Post a Comment