Tonight was Literacy Night at the kids school. They did a "Living Museum" of different heroes that have helped to shape the world we live in. This was voluntary, and Addy was so excited to participate. She was assigned Alice Paul. When people would walk through the museum, they would come up to each "wax statue" and could push a button. When the button was pushed, the Hero would come alive, and tell you about themselves, and what they did. Addy did such a great job! I was one proud momma tonight!
This is what Addy wrote and recited when her button was pushed:
Hi, my name is Alice Paul. I was born January 11, 1885, in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. I am the oldest child in my family. I have one sister, and two brothers.
I am fighting for women to have equal rights. My accomplishments are the Nineteenth Amendment and the Equal Rights Amendment.
I often recall my mother's advice, "When you put your hand on the plow, you can't put it down until you get to the end of the row."

0 comments:
Post a Comment