Monday, December 24, 2007

My first entry...


So here it is....my first blog, my first blog entry. I have officially entered the blog world. Crazy...completely crazy. Never really thought of myself as a blogger, but then I thought, hey...why not? Why not have a place to post pictures, quotes, thoughts, the mundane thoughts of my everyday life. So here I sit, at 12:45am during the wee hours of Chistmas morning.

It snowed today. It snowed a lot today! We were supposed to go down to Herriman to Derek's sister's house to get together with his family. The road conditions were bad enough, it wasn't worth the risk of putting the kids in the car. If we were the only ones on the road, it wouldn't have been an issue. But you just never know what other cars are going to do, and it makes it kind of scary.


So...I'm all ready to make Christmas dinner. Although there is one problem. We haven't gotten to see Derek's family for some sort of Christmas get together. So, I guess we are going to drive down to Springville, and having dinner down there. Which is fine with me, except for one thing. I had invited my parent's to eat dinner at our house. I talked to my mom, and invited them to my in-laws...but she said she needed to spend time with her mom. So, I am feeling stuck in the middle..and completely ok with either staying here, or driving south to the in-laws. Just frustrated. blah.


Amongst the frustration...I am excited! Excited to see my kids in the morning. Excited to see what they say when they see what Santa brought. Christmas is so stinkin' awesome when you are a kid. And it is even more stinkin' awesome, to be a parent and watch your kids have a stinkin' awesome Christmas! Love it!




1 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that picture! It is beautiful! I feel the same way about Christmas... it rocks as a kid, but as an adult watching the joy on your child's face is absoultely priceless!