I often wonder...do my kids know how much I love them? I get frustrated with them so often. I wonder if those moments overshadow the moments of when I look in their eyes and say..I love you. Do they know?
Do they know that I am truly excited to see them when they come home from school? Do they know that I worry about if they have someone to play with at recess? That I worry that they got enough to eat for breakfast. Do they know that I hope that I said enough kind words to them while I try to hurry them out the door...enough kind words that their day starts off good instead of bad?
Do they know how unbelievably cute they are? That some of their questions are so funny, and it throws me back to think, how incredibly different life is through the eyes of a 9 year old, 7 year old, and 1 year old. How I wish I could have that insight at an adult sometimes. How different would my life be? My house would probably be a little messier, but a little more silly. My life would be a little slower, but I would know how many legs are on a potato bug. Do they know how much I love hearing their random factoids they have learned in school? Do they know how much I really care what they have to say...between all my hurrying, and just trying to make it through the day?
I do know...that I need to try a little harder. Try to listen to them a little longer. Try and be more patient a little sooner. Try and steal a few more kisses and hugs...before they grow to old to give them freely anymore. All I do know...is that I love my kiddos more than I could have ever imagined. And I know...that I want them to know.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Do they know...?
Posted by *alisa* at 11:09 PM
Labels: children, motherhood, patience
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment